Saturday, September 22, 2012

My trip to the pharmacy



Unfortunately I got sick the other day so I had to take a trip to the doctor and get some prescriptions to help with my illness.  The visit to the doctor was great, very quick, and got out in just minutes!  I know that was quick!  So I got my scripts and they were sent over to the pharmacy.  I get to the pharmacy and at the counter there was another woman at the other register complaining on her phone.  She was complaining on her iPhone about her medicaid not covering a medication!

One thing about this country I cannot stand is the sense of entitlement.  People feel so entitled to having government handouts rather than taking some personal responsibility.  I didn't say anything to this woman, but in my mind I was thinking you can afford to have an iPhone, but you can't afford to pay for prescriptions.   It really makes you wonder about how our government can just take from people and give your hard earned money to others so they can live on your dime.

My wife and I work very hard to provide a good life for our daughter and have comfort in our lives.  We have full time jobs, got an education, and buy our own health insurance because we are responsible.  Responsibility is almost like a four letter word in our society.  When you tell someone to take responsibility for their actions you are looked at like you have no compassion.  Compassion is one thing, but letting people get away with wholesale theft from other people by a corrupt government using the IRS as the bully that can put you in jail, garnish wages, and charge penalties and interests if you are not on time with your tax payments that is just wrong, but people can just take your money under the force of government.  

We must get rid of the these politicians that continue this nanny state and welfare state mentality.  I am tired of working hard and taking responsibility for my family while others are just given freebies on the backs of my family and other families that do the right thing!  Vote out the corrupt power hungry politicians that are making people feel like victims to give them excuses to take our money to keep the votes coming in to keep these politicians in power!

2 comments:

  1. We feel your pain Matthew! The IRS is a monster that needs to be abolished as well. I am good with getting rid of all taxes and paying user fees as I don't use the stuff we pay taxes for anyway. I never go to the Library, never go to Public Parks, never call the Fire Dept. Send my kids to Charter schools that don't get my property tax money anyway. So I am good with getting rid of it all, then we can actually see who uses what!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, that sounds like a plan to me.

    ReplyDelete